Happy New Year, everybody! 2011 is sure to be a great year, and what better way to kick it off than with Round Three of the Mentalist FanFiction Awards? Below, you can find some important information that you'll need to know for Round Three, including a timeline of events, changes in our nomination and voting process, a review of the rules, the nomination form, and contact information.
January 1, 2011 - Nominations open.
March 31, 2011 - Nominations close.
April 1, 2011 - Polls open.
May 1, 2011 - Polls close.
May 2, 2011 - Best Overall Fic poll opens.
June 2, 2011 - Best Overall Fic poll closes.
June 3, 2011 - Winners announced.
June 4, 2011 - Winners badges released.
Not surprisingly, we have some changes coming to the Mentalist Awards this year. Below, you can find a list of those changes, which include new categories, new voting processes, and new information on nominations.
General Categories: Gen, Het, Slash
Best Gen, Best Adventure, Best Drama, Best Humor/Fluff, Best Friendship, Best Hurt/Comfort, Best Angst/Dark, Best Case Related Fic, Best Tag, Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Supernatural, Best AU, Best OC, Best WIP
Best Het, Best Adventure, Best Drama, Best Humor/Fluff, Best Hurt/Comfort, Best Angst/Dark, Best Case Related Fic, Best Tag, Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Supernatural, Best AU, Best OC, Best WIP, Best Specific Pairing
Best Slash, Best Adventure, Best Drama, Best Humor/Fluff, Best Hurt/Comfort, Best Angst/Dark, Best Case Related Fic, Best Tag, Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Supernatural, Best AU, Best OC, Best WIP, Best Specific Pairing
In case you're too lazy to read all that (I know I am), here are the changes from Round Two: Each General Category now includes a new sub-category: Best WIP. Basically, this is any story that has not been completed. Also, the Best Friendship category has been removed from both Het and Slash.
For more information on the categories, check out our profile.
This year, we will be making the Best Overall Fic voting process official. Basically, the winner of the Best Gen, Best Het, and Best Slash categories will be sent on to a third poll in which everyone will vote on their favorite of the three. This story will be crowed Best Overall Fic.
Also new voting, the author who has the most stories that win an award will be crowned Best Author, instead of having everyone nominate their favorite author.
From now on, all nominations must be sent via PM directly to me (splashingfish ). Make sure to use the form below.
- Winners of all categories are voted for via LJ poll.
- If there are either zero or one entries in a category, it will be combined with another category where possible.
- A tie of three or more entries will be settled with a second poll. A tie of two entries will be recorded as a tie.
- An entry can only be nominated in one General Category (Gen, Het, Slash) and up to three sub-categories within that General Category. These Sub-Categories do not include Best Overall Fic.
- Entries can only be nominated once in each sub-category.
- You may not nominate your own story.
- Stories that were nominated in previous rounds cannot be nominated in the current round, even if they did not win an award.
- The author of the entry must have begun the story between the time that the last round ended and the current round began.
- Both WIPs (Works in Progress) and Completed fics are allowed to be submitted. WIPs must be submitted to the Best WIP sub-category, in addition to any other sub-category.
- Nominations must be sent to splashingfish via PM or posted in a comment on one of the nomination posts if they are to be accepted. Links to the nomination posts can be found below.
- You may submit as many nominations as you like.
- Your nomination will be anonymous, unless you choose to tell the author of the story that you have nominated their story.
Name of Story:
Pairing(s): (If applicable)
Link to profile of author:
Link to story:
To contact me, use either my LJ or my FF.net account:
The Mentalist Awards
The Best Mentalist FanFiction
- Round Three Begins!